Who am I?
Maalira the Willing
Tribe, Clan, Class
Straw Weaver Clan of the Bison Tribe.
Greyrock, Sartar (acquired Fire Season 1628)
- Pond: 50 L. annual income
- Rocky escarpment with a cave: 25 L. annual income
History Prior to 1625
Character generation interpreted
The following logs are sorted chronologically by year and season. These predominantly emerge from text-based role-play.
1627 Sea Season
1627 Fire Season
1627 Earth Season
- Ransom DemandsMaalira — Ransom Demands 1627, Earth Season, Stasis Week Context Earth Season, Stasis Week, Clayday. Berra comes to take some details from what she thinks are her prisoners, only to find they might not be. Events A day has passed. Most of the screaming ...
- Venlar In The VillageVenlar meets Maalira properly, feeds her, shows her the village, and then has his sister hurt Berra to give her something to do.
- Mellia And MaaliraMaalira — Mellia And Maalira 1627, Earth Season Context Late Earth Season. Just after Varanis did not fall off the cliff after all. Events Before long, the healers are in the little shrine to Chalana Arroy and one of the village women has brought ...
- Spinning YarnsMaalira — Spinning Yarns 1627, Earth Season, Disorder Week Context Late Earth Season, on the day Varanis went cliff-climbing Continues in . Events The rain has set in and people are hunching against it and talking about the harvest and the last fields. ...
- Family AffairsMaalira — Family Affairs 1627, Earth Season Context Late in Earth Season, after the cliff-climbing day is over. Events Berra is, it seems, in awe of the hair. “That must be hell to keep sometimes.” “Just sometimes?” Maalira grins. “It’s well enough if I can ...
- Giving WitnessMaalira — Giving Witness 1627, Earth Season Context Earth Season, directly after the last scene. Events There he is – not more than a few paces away, looking nervously at Berra and Maalira. Maalira gives him an encouraging smile. Berra gives him a nod, and says, ...
1627 Dark Season
- Losing HeartMaalira — Losing Heart 1627, Dark Season Context The very start of Dark Season. EventsBerra has left her sister, her nephew, and her cousin at the White Grape, the now-familiar Boldhome in where the group sometimes stays. She has also left a lot ...
- Breaking HeartMaalira — Breaking Heart 1627, Dark Season Context The very start of Dark Season. Spoilery for emotion Events Berra gets up, suddenly looking tired and drained. “We want to go left across the tributary,” she says. “There’s a bridge.” She tugs Followed along, this ...
1627 Storm Season
1627 Sacred Time
1628 Sea Season
- Tabled MotionMaalira — Tabled Motion 1628 Context A little after Humakt’s holy day, in Jonstown, as the group escorts tiny Berra to meet Leika. Events It’s a little after noon. The day in Jonstown is peaceful, and Amphelise has been helping at the Hospital, and ...
- HeroQuestionsMaalira — Heroquestions 1628, Sea Season, Fertility Week Context Sea Season, probably Fertility Week, on the way to show Baby Berra to Queen Leika. Events Having obtained beer, and found a quiet table, Berra sits down where she can keep an eye on anyone ...
- Public DuckingMaalira — Public Ducking 1628, Sea Season, Fertility Week Context Sea Season, Fertility Week, Waterday, after planting the River Egg and successfully drawing out a river.. Events Quackford. Late in the evening. The Shrine of the River insisted on putting the heroes up once ...
- High EmotionMaalira — High Emotion 1628, Sea Season, Fertility Week Context Sea Season, close to the end of Fertility Week. Events Berra has not been back much over the past couple of days; the great Temple of Death held her, or other work did. Now ...
- Whites LadyMaalira has come to the hospital for some of her seasonal service.
- Onward and UpwardContext It is towards the end of Sea Season. The rain that makes Sartar so fertile is starting to warm and starting to fade into the hot, alynx days of Fire Season. Berra has been at the temple a lot, but today the house has her, and Maalira. Berra is upstairs. Somewhere. Quietly. This can bode ...
1628 Fire Season
- Giving a FigMaalira and Berra talk in the Dwarf Mine
- Square Meal1628, Fire Season Context In an eating hall in Dwarf Mine. Session 3.12 Events It’s evening, around a day or maybe two after the group arrived at Dwarf Mine. Berra and Maalira are eating Dwarf Stuff, well away from the main crowd, in a big painted room. Varanis drifts over, freshly scrubbed and in a clean tunic and trews. ...
- Darn Mending1628, Fire Season, Fertility Week: During some downtime in Dunstop, Berra teaches Maalira how to mend while Varanis attempts not to tear anyone to shreds.
- Dun StopBerra and Maalira chatter about freedom, practice, and taking a city by force.
- Walking OutBerra and Maalira talk about getting out of Lunar Tarsh
- Leaving the EmpireBerra is worrying about Varanis. Maalira talks to her a bit.
- Crying WolfBerra and Maalira talk about Maalira’s part in the quest and the potential political fallout.
- Paw ParadeIt is well into the morning after the wolf happened. Berra has been riding out on the right flank, as usual, and now she is bringing her magnificent, if slightly taboo in Prax, horse alongside Maalira’s bison.Maalira fails a Scan to see that Berra is incoming with a problem. Maalira tilts her head quizzically at Berra. “I’m ...
1628 Earth Season
- Little SpoonsBerra and Maalira are less than mature about Varanis, sunburn, and pretty people.
- Fuddled and FlirtyA drunken Humakti hits on her healer. Will she remember later? (1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week, Windday)
- Sleeping It OffWhile Berra sleeps, Maalira manages to convince Varanis to stay still long enough for her wounds to be checked and cleaned. (1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week, Windday)
- Arroin’s MercyMaalira helps Sindnos, a follower of Arroin, with some tricky surgery. Then she notices someone who looks like Yamia.
- Baby’s First BattleMaalira meets Yamia and the still-small Tamakt in the tent of the healers. Yamia introduces her unconscious brother.
- Tamakt Tucked AwayBerra is still drunk. Maalira needs a place to stash Tamakt and Varanis makes a convenient, if reluctant, guard. (1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week, Windday)
- Fixing YamiaOnce Tamakt is safe and resting, Yamia allows herself to be healed, on her own terms.
- Morning ReportMaalira goes looking for Berra and the other, missing members of her group.
- Patient to a FaultMaalira, on being told she has a patient, finds someone with a lot of answers.
- Gifts and FriendshipKoraki gifts Maalira with silk robes, and Venna points out just how much Argrath can do for her and her friends.
- Coming Out of It, Going Into It1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week, Windsday? Context The group is riding through the Grazelands, towards Grizzly Peak and the armour that may be buried there, with Giland and a dozen riders as companions. Session SA3.04. Events In the early afternoon of their second day on the Grazelands, and thus the second day of the worst hangover of her little ...
- Grizzly Thoughts1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week Context On the Grazelands, travelling towards Grizzly Peak. Session 3SA.04. Events A little while later, Finarvi nudges his horse over to fall in with Berra’s. “Do I get the feeling you have some idea what we’re going to be dealing with?” he asks her. Berra looks at him. “Um, not really? But I know – ...
- I Swear…1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week Context The group is sill riding towards Grizzly Peak Session SA3.04. Events Berra gives Finarvi a wry smile. “Yeah. Lunars kill descendants of Sartar.” Varanis arches a brow at that. “And? Grandfather Sartar and Prince Kallyr have already acknowledged me. You think the Lunars haven’t heard that yet? Or perhaps they don’t believe it?” Then ...
- Foot in Mouth Disease1628, Earth Season, Fertility Week Context On the ride up towards Grizzly Peak. Session SA3.04. Events Once Manasa is behaving again, Varanis turns her teasing on Maalira. “So, what are your preferences anyway? I mean, most of us are picky, but not limited, if you know what I mean. Leaving aside Berra, who according to popular songs has a ...
- Favourite ThingsBerra found out she was a flirty drunk, and comes to apologise.
- Death Will OutThe group is still within the underworld. Maalira does not know this, but is pulled in anyhow.
- Dawn at SixThe adventurers have come out of the earth in the Six Stones Temple, and talk a bit about what happened, why some of them dislike Heroquests, and what Giland might have done.
- Bitter About ItMaalira stays at Six Stones to help the Humakti there.
- Her FavourOn the way back from Jonstown to Boldhome, Berra tells Maalira about the Heroquest she intends they do.
- Feeling Catty?Maalira has been called away from her friends despite, or perhaps because of the odd Heroquest that has just started.
- Walking AwayMaalira leaves town to avoid trouble, with Venlar, who wants to help her to avoid trouble. Trouble does not happen to them.
- As UsualHaving successfully avoided trouble, Maalira has a nice meal and a decent sleep.
- Troubling TroubleHaving successfully got away from trouble, Maalira goes to have breakfast. Then she decides to look for trouble.
- Two Talks1628, Earth Season, Illusion Week, Godday Context Berra and Maalira have a talk which sparks Finarvi and Serala having one. Session S3A.11. Events As they set off, and for the first few hours on the road, Berra is obviously trying hard not to be lost in her own thoughts. At the first food break, the Humakti show impressive speed ...
- Catching Up1628, Earth Season, Illusion Week, Godday Context Varanis realises something is wrong with her lover, Serala, and drops back to find out. Session SA3.11. Events When Varanis realises that Serala has ridden off, she heads towards the back of the pack, intent on collecting Manasa and following. “What’s going on?” she asks Maalira. The thunder of hooves rapidly recedes, Serala and ...
- A Healer’s WorkMaalira has been waiting for Berra to wake, and looking after her, possibly in that order.